Fairview Cemetery is located in Linden, Michigan. Entrances can be found off of Silver Lake Rd. (E Broad St.) as well as off of Tickner St. between E Broad St. and Ripley Rd.
Rules and Regulations
- The hours of operation of the cemetery shall be from sunrise to sunset.
- No person shall make any excavation without the consent of the Sexton.
- All markers, monuments, vaults, and mausoleums are subject to the approval of the Sexton (appeals shall be directed to the City Council). Unapproved markers, vaults, or mausoleums shall be removed by the Sexton. The City strongly encourages people to see review and approval of any marker, monument, vault, or mausoleum BEFORE making such a purchase.
- No fences or borders of any kind shall be permitted on any grave.
- No trees or shrubs shall be planted unless approved by the Sexton. If any existing trees or shrubs disturbs other graves or a tree or shrub inhibits visitors or subsequent burials, the Sexton shall have the authority to remove the tree or shrub.
- Flowers and any other decorative items shall be placed on the grave, within eighteen inches of the marker (see diagram below). Shepherd’s hooks are allowed in decorations area only.
- Flowers and decorative items must be properly maintained. Any flowers or other decorative items that become unsightly or a nuisance shall be removed (with reasonable notice) by the Sexton with the concurrence of the City Manager.
- The placing of toys, photos, and other mementoes on grave sites is discouraged. The City of Linden is not responsible for any such items.
- These rules (and any changes thereto) shall be posted prominently within the cemetery. Additionally, a notice to remove flowers, urns, etc. shall be published in the City newsletter and local newspaper semi-annually.
Purchasing a Plot
Grave Sites - $625 Resident, $750 Non-Resident
Contract Terms – per grave
$100.00 down payment
$20.00 set-up fee
$120.00 paid at time of contract, $100 per month for 6 months
Note: A $25 annual admin fee will be added if balance not paid within 1 year
$35.00 per transaction for transfer
$100.00 for replacement deed
$35.00 for the first certificate of heir transfer
$15.00 each additional certificate of heir transfer
Grave Opening Fees
Weekday Burial Hours M-Th: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
$700 adult $250 child
After Hours Burials and Saturdays
$900 adult $350 child
No burials Sundays or holidays*
Late arrival fee - $50 per half hour
*City Holidays – New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day, the Friday following Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve Day.
No burials on Sunday or holidays*
Late arrival fee- $50.00 per half hour
Additional $150 if thawing equipment used
$.50/sq. inch $100 minimum
Veteran Marker - $31.00
(Prices are subject to change)
132 E. Broad St.
P.O. Box 507
Linden, MI 48451
Phone: (810) 735-7980