Welcome to the City of Linden’s Fire Department. Below you will find information regarding fire safety and the application form for the fire department. Please browse our site and feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. Remember, if you have an EMERGENCY -- CALL 911!
Alerts powered by Smart911 is the official emergency notification system used by Genesee County 9-1-1 (effective June 1, 2018) to communicate with community residents during emergencies. Sign up now to receive free alerts from Genesee County via text message, email, and/or voice message.
- Add your address to receive geo-targeted alerts
- Indicate what types of alerts you want to receive including weather, traffic, emergency, and more.
- Indicate how you want to be notified by text, email, and/or voice message.
Please contact Fire Chief Brian Will to sign up for upcoming classes. In your email, please include your name, address, and phone number.
The City of Linden Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of probationary paid on-call firefighters (volunteer), especially those that are available during the daytime hours. If you are looking for a way to give back to your community and experience the rewards of hard work and a great team atmosphere, please submit an application to the Fire Department.
The Linden Fire Department is made up of paid, on-call volunteers who are residents of our local community. Many of us are your neighbors, co-workers, or friends. Linden's firefighters do not live at the fire station or spend all day working a shift at the fire station. We are a group of men and women who have everyday jobs, but are ready to go at any time that a call comes in.
We might be builders, landscapers, farmers, business owners, stay-at-home parents, or even retirees; but when the call comes we become part of a dedicated team ready to face any emergency. We may be volunteers, but we are trained and capable people on the front line saving lives and property.
The Department currently consists of approximately 19 volunteers working under the direction of Chief Brian Will.
Minimum qualifications for the position of probationary paid on-call firefighters include:
- Live within the City of Linden's Fire Department service area.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must provide proof of High School Graduation or G.E.D.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of a firefighter.
- Must pass a physical exam and drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a physical agility test.
- Must have a valid driver's license. A valid Michigan driver's license is required for initial employment and must be maintained while an employee.
- A satisfactory background check conducted for criminal record, driving record, and personal history.
- Must possess and/or be able to acquire firefighter certification as mandated by the State of Michigan Fire Fighters Training Council.
- Upon completion of all probationary requirements and a successful job evaluation, probationary firefighters will be eligible for promotion to the position of paid on-call firefighter.
Applications for the Fire Department can be found here or at City Hall during business hours.
132 E. Broad Street
P.O. Box 507
Linden, Michigan 48451
Tel: (810) 735-7980
Fire (non-emergency) (810) 735-1714
Fax: (810) 735-479